What we’re looking for: Strong voices in nonfiction—including memoir—literary fiction, historical fiction. We prefer the word count to be between 70,000 and 100,000, but books between 50,000 and 70,000 words will still be considered. Most of our memoirs concern growing up in other cultures or have a strong theme that will appeal to a specific audience. We only consider literary fiction with a strong story and a distinctive voice. It also helps if the author has a developed author platform. Please query: firstname.lastname@example.org
It is recommended you print this list to ensure you have each item completed as requested. Incomplete or incorrect submissions will be discarded.
Email the following FILES, exactly as listed below, to: email@example.com
with the SUBJECT: CP GENRE Query: TITLE by AUTHOR
Example: If the author of a memoir, The Crow’s Beak by Gayle Newman, was sending an Epicenter or Coffeetown or Camel Press Press a query, the subject of the email would be:
CP Memoir Query: THE CROW’S BEAK by Gayle Newman
- IMPORTANT: Do not submit manuscripts via a bulk email messaging service such as SendGrid, MailChimp, etc. None of these services can follow our submission requirements.
|FICTION AND MEMOIR SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS|
|X||SUBMISSION FILES – All submission files are required to be in MS Word documents.|
|BODY OF EMAIL, only include: Your contact information: (full name, mailing address, phone, email address)Genre, Title, and word count of your full manuscript|
|FILE 1 – Cover/query letter – “Pitch” about your work in one (1) short paragraph which included what book category it falls into.|
|FILE 2 – Sample first 50 pages or first 3 Chapters to include:|
|Title page: contact information (full name, mailing address, phone, email address), genre, and word count|
|Sample pages MUST be:12-point, Times New Roman fontdouble-spaced WITH numbered pagesno extra returns between paragraphs and dialogue.5 inch indent on the first line of each new paragraph|
|File 3-Synopsis: 3-5 pages and includes how the book ends. We do not accept synopses or excerpts that are pasted in the body of the email.|
|FILE 4 – Author Biography and promotional information in one (1) document. If you have a strong promotional plan for your book, tell us about it.|
|EACH FILE NAME MUST ADHERE TO THE FOLLOWING: Title of your manuscript – Inquiry.docx Title of your manuscript – Sample50.docx Title of your manuscript – Biography and Promo.docx Title of your manuscsript–Synopsis EXAMPLE: If the title of your manuscript is “The Crows Beak”, then your file names would be: TheCrowsBeak – Inquiry.docx TheCrowsBeak – Sample50.docx TheCrowsBeak – Biography and Promo.dox The CrowsBeak – Synopsis|
- We do not consider books that have already been published in any format, including eBook only.
- We do welcome reprints from established authors of titles that are currently out of print, unless they are already available in any eBook formats. You must have proof verifying that the rights have reverted to you.
- If you have signed a contract with another publisher, please let us know.
- Thank you for your cooperation as following our submission requirements helps us review material more efficiently.
- Both unagented and agent submissions are welcome.
- Authors are requested to keep us informed if a manuscript is no longer available.
- Generally, if we decline a manuscript, we felt it wasn’t a fit for any of the publishing imprints we carry.
- If you do not hear back from us within four (4) months, please contact us by resending the query letter. The sheer volume of queries can be overwhelming; we hope you understand.